Grace A. Betancourt joined TKWLG in September 2011 as a law clerk in her third year at New York Law School and became an associate upon graduation.
Prior to joining TKWLG, Ms. Betancourt worked in the legal department for a prominent New York City real estate developer and management company. In that capacity she assisted in negotiating residential leases, preparing commercial leases and overseeing rent collection cases.
At New York Law School, Ms. Betancourt concentrated her studies on real estate law including an externship with Honorable Arthur Schack in Kings County. At graduation, Ms. Betancourt was the recipient of the WX New York Women Executives in Real Estate Scholarship, an award bestowed annually on young female students who have excelled in the area of real estate.
At TKWLG, Ms. Betancourt is involved in many general real estate matters with an emphasis on transactional real estate. She handles all facets of the purchase and sales of residential and commercial properties, including contract of sale negotiating and drafting and conducts due diligence review of multi-family dwelling acquisitions. Ms. Betancourt also handles rent-stabilization related matters on behalf of multi-family property owners before the DHCR.
Ms. Betancourt is fluent in Spanish.
Phone: 212-687-3747 Ext. 207
- New York, 2013
- J.D., New York Law School, 2012
- B.A., cum laude, City University of New York, Queens College, 2008
- “Beware of the Imposition of Retroactive Real Estate Taxes,” co-authored with Paul Korngold. RSA Reporter, Dec. 2011.
- “Will the installation of a wheelchair ramp qualify for a Major Capital Improvement Rent Increase and a J-51 Tax Abatement” co-authored with Paul Korngold. RSA Reporter, Dec. 2011.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association